Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Beginnings...


 NaNoWriMo... a kind of journey which can't be taken lightly... And also cannot be thought of with a heavy heart. This is my second year attempting this feat, and far from my last.
The Common Question is always "What is this NaNoWriMo of which you so often speak?"  to which I would have to reply "'Tis a wonderous month-long journey to find your inner writer and perpetual inner-child."
While that may not be the most conventional answer, it's definitely one which I find true. There are hundreds of other ways I'll answer that question, but I'll provide only one more. The Offical Goal of NaNoWriMo:

WRITE 50,000 WORDS OF FICITION IN ONE MONTH

Crazy, isn't it? That might be so, but it's definitely worth it in my opinion. My mother is considering doing NaNo this year for the first time, but she's quite stuck in the stage of "I'm tempted". Translated, that would mean something close to "I'm thinking not". Her fears are mostly stuck on not having enough time to complete 50-thousand, but I told her that the number was just a guideline. Then, the whole splat about how the entire point of NaNo is not to write fifty-thousand words of fiction period, it's supposed to be  about actually making the commitment to yourself to sit down and frickin' write.
I'm still unsure of what'll happen, but I'm hoping that she'll come out. However, she'll most 
likely miss out on the majority of the events, which will be kinda sad, but ah well. I have one 
other ray of hope on the Lone Wrimo Horizon - a friend in Grade 11. She's registered for the site, 
but her internet is down and I'm unsure of her commitment level.
Now... That concludes the section on what's going one around NaNo... Now for the actual
NaNo Progress Report... Here goes...

NaNoNovel 2008 "End to End" :
Basic Outline : 100% - Complete
In-Depth Plot : 60% - Paragraph Form Complete, Working on Settings and Characters
Character Background : 99% And Stuck - Completed to the amount which is necessary
Details of Circumstances Within the Story : 0% - Not Even Started...

All-in-All : Lookin' Forward to it!

No comments: